What are the Benefits and Advantages of Having a Wine Cellar at Home?
There are the obvious ones, including the pleasure of acquiring, maintaining, displaying, and updating a collection and the enjoyment of being able to select exactly the bottle you want, at any time, from your very own home wine collection.
As well as this, installing a Wine Cellar, Wine Wall or Wine Pod, adds an entirely new dimension to your home. It is viewed in the housing design sector as a highly desirable feature.
What about some other compelling factors for when you’re weighing up whether to go for that long-dreamed-of wine cellar at home?
Here are 10 great reasons for having a wine cellar at home:
- Collecting at home (rather than in bonded storage) allows you to have direct and personal access to your wine. You can easily organise your home collection for longer term celling and ‘drinking now’. Technology is available to assist in coordination, categorising and cataloguing. Large-scale wine investors/traders generally keep most of their wine in bonded storage, then cellar and display a selection of mature ‘ready to drink’ wine delivered to their home cellar.
- Cellaring can bring a different dimension to local and international travel as you visit vineyards, tasting and seeking out special vintages. It facilitates interaction and specialist local knowledge when visiting new wine regions.
- Starting your own home cellar enables you to save money by purchasing vintages in quantity when they are younger and more reasonably priced, then laying them down for future investment and drinking pleasure.
- Having direct access to your collection and interaction as it grows and changes naturally assists to further increase your knowledge about wine. (Not a bad way to spend some time!)
- Both temperature and humidity control, standard in all Cellar Maison installations, ensures your wine is kept in absolutely optimal condition for the short, medium and long term.
- Experimenting with ageing your wine year by year, becomes easier to explore when you have cases of the same vintage stored in consistent conditions in your home cellar.Home entertainment takes on a whole new dimension when you can take your guests to your wine cellar to sample and select a bottle to suit your meal.
- Cellaring at home offers you the opportunity to enjoy what is an architecturally and aesthetically pleasing balance of materials in the form of a Wine Cellar, Wine Wall or Wine Pod.
- Home wine cellars undoubtedly add value and prestige to your property, whether an addition to an existing home, or a new build.
- Expand your wine knowledge and social circles by taking part in fun and educational after work or weekend wine tasting evenings and wine courses such as WSET. With your new found hobby, and as your palate develops, expanding your home collection will be hard to resist.
Wine cellars, which were seen in the past as luxury items, are becoming increasingly high on the list of “must haves” in new homes and renovations. The art of collecting wine and enjoying it one’s own environment is a pleasure that is now beautifully possible.
The bespoke nature of a Cellar Maison home cellar means you can choose the specific materials that will give you a style to complement and enhance your home. All Cellar Maison wine cellars can be above ground, making them ideal for both apartments or the ground and upper levels of a house. (Below ground is also offered.) Wine Walls offer a perfect solution for those who would like a feature wall with all the benefits of a cellar, but taking minimal space in a room.
All Wine Cellars, Wine Walls and Wine Pods by Cellar Maison come with a full warranty and an ongoing service commitment – It’s important to us for our clients to feel relaxed and happy with their cellar long term.
Would you like to find out more about your space and its potential for a Cellar Maison Wine Wall, Wine Cellar or Wine Pod? Please do get in touch here firstname.lastname@example.org or call our friendly designers/consultants for a chat on +44 (0)20 3633 3286.
You can view our portfolio from here or click through to our Online Design Planner which will take you through an easy process to establish the type of cellar solution that suits you best.