What could be more classically luxurious than selecting a beautiful bottle of Bordeaux and a cigar from your very own, bespoke home wine cellar at home?
In our latest Cellar Showcase, we present a newly created Wine Room, a basement level design that incorporates all the essential elements that our client wished for, within the relatively compact space available. Integral to the success of this installation, were the all-important aesthetic features that so perfectly complement the art of wine and cigar collecting.
“The available 1.2 by 1.8 metre footprint of the finished Wine Room, meant efficient use of the space was crucial. With this room, we wanted to ensure maximum bottle capacity, without compromising the feeling of luxury and balanced proportions.”
Final capacity is a respectable 285 bottles – based on Bordeaux specifically, with an additional 10 half bottles and space for a specialised angled shelf for Champagne – Plus a vertical feature bottle, framed and back lit at the rear of the cellar.
At a lofty 3.7 metre height, the full space in the Wine Room was able to be utilised, with the help of a bespoke walnut timber and brushed stainless steel ladder to access the uppermost bottles.
The walnut and and metal features are continued in the timber wall cladding within and on the door which has brushed stainless steel handle. The door itself is custom made and in specialised toughened glass, offering a stunning view through to the Wine Room from outside. The use of cantilevered, semi-transparent acrylic shelving with integrated LED strip lighting, brings luminescent brilliance to the space. The added option of selecting striking coloured lighting, gives a contrast to the traditional wood and steel within and a contemporary feel that makes this Wine Room a primary feature of this Hamstead, London home.
“As a very special, additional feature, the custom made cigar humidor, keeps the collection of cigars in perfect condition with the help of the integrated electronic humidifier.”
- 285 bottle capacity + 10 half bottles and Champagne space within a compact footprint
- Specialised angle display for the Champagne bottles
- Feature bottle framed in vertical format
- Fully incorporated cigar humidor with integrated electronic humidifier
- Beautiful balance of classic walnut timber alongside contemporary brushed stainless steel
- Cantilevered semi-transparent, acrylic shelving with concealed LED strip lighting
- Custom made toughened glass door with lockable brushed stainless steel handle
- Bespoke walnut timber ladder with brushed stainless steel features, set within the timber-clad interior
- Set into a previously un-utilised basement space running beside the stairs in the home
- Cellar Maison specialist integrated climate control system for optimal wine storage conditions
From potentially “dead space” came, a high value, lifestyle enhancing piece of art in its own right. The outcome of carefully made design decisions resulted in a practical, stylish space that is a true focal point of the home and a pleasure for our client and their guests to enjoy – to walk in, select a bottle – and perhaps a cigar, if the mood strikes.
We share a passion for wine collecting and love to bring people’s ideas to life!